College Level Argumentative Essay Topics: A List To Choose From
One of the easiest ways to choose a topic for you argumentative essay topic is to pick a statement that is strong and then chose to argue for or against the topic.
Argumentative Essay Topics
- Going to college is worth the cost of tuition. If you have ever seen the YouTube video with John Green telling you that in the long run it’s worth the cost but if you still have reservations on the topic then you can argue against it.
- A person is not defined by their past. A lot of people hold onto their past and some try to move on but the past hold them back. For example, if you didn’t bad things in your past to get arrested and try to move forward and stay out of trouble it can be hard because then you can’t get a job and most seem to fall back into criminal activity because of it. Does this define who they are now because of the past or can’t they move forward because of it.
- Everyone should know first aid, like CPR. If everyone knew how to help someone in an emergency then the world would be a better place, right? Are you for or against everyone having medical training to save others lives?
- Private schools are better-rounded than public schools. This is an age old question about our education system, so think that paying for private schools is the way to go, while others think it’s a waste of money and that public schools are just as good.
- Fine arts degrees and education should be expanded. There are people that think fine art degrees are a waste of time or are it that fine arts students need better education to get a job after they graduate.
- Celebrities should be able to have their private lives private. If you are a celebrity, then every aspect of your life is documented in the media but shouldn’t they be allowed to have their lives private or is it just something that goes along with the territory of being a celebrity.
- All Americans high school students should have to do so many hours of community service to graduate. Helping your community can build character but it can also show the students about a different view of others lives or should this still just be reserved to punishment as the law sees it.