List Of Thought-Provoking Essay Topic Ideas Related To Music
Writing about music can be a lot of fun, but it can also be a challenge when you can’t come up with a thought-provoking essay topic worthy of an entire assignment. The best approach is to choose something that is unique and interesting to you because it should make for a more enjoyable read. Here are is a list of some really great topic ideas about music to consider:
- Do you think popular award shows affect or influence the types of music that people listen to? Or do you think these award shows reflect what people listen to on their own?
- In what ways has the music industry changed since the major pirating and illegal distribution of copyrighted material against file sharing programs like Napster took place in the early 2000s.
- Is it true that electronic files such as MP3s will completely do away with older forms of media technologies like CDs and vinyl records? Has this already happen or will the older forms survive for decades still?
- It’s been said that the electronic music industry has done away with traditional brick and mortar music stores, thus putting thousands of people out of work in the process. Is this something that should occur naturally or should governments help save this industry?
- Compare and contrast popular music of the 1950s with popular music of the 2000s. What are the major differences and similarities between the two?
- Do you believe that other factors such as social media presence and state of celebrity help influence an artist’s success in the music industry?
- How does international music influence domestic and popular artists’ creation of songs? Do you believe borrowing music from international artists without attributing credit is a type of stealing?
- How effective are piracy laws today in curbing illegal copying and distribution of copyrighted material? Do you believe the technology is too advanced to be stopped by the laws as they are written?
- What effect does music have on a student’s ability to learn and in overall professional success? Do you think the old studies pointing to classical music as a good tool for learning are still true?
- How have some musicians been able to maintain success across several decades in contrast to others who have only known a flash of success through a one-hit wonder? Do you think this has always been a trend in popular music?